Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic
The recording industry works. That doesn’t mean it’s just, or right, or fair.
Prince’s sixth and final album under the name The Artist Formally Known As Prince. Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic was only available to premium level subscribers of the npgmusicclub.com on 29 April 2001. As a result the album was ineligible to chart.
Mailed to club members as a limited edition CD to Arista’s commercial release Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic, Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic contained in all but four tracks re-worked versions of songs from the retail version. Strange But True and Everyday Is A Winding Road from the original album were omitted and replaced with a brand new song Beautiful Strange. Many Prince fans consider this version of the album is more accessible than the Rave Un2 retail version and that Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic depicts a truer representation of Prince’s musical style of the period.
- All Instruments
- The Artist Formally Known As Prince
- Mike Scott The Greatest Romance Ever Sold and Beautiful Strange
- Bass Guitar
- Rhonda Smith Tangerine and So Far, So Pleased
- The Hornheadz
- NPG Orchestra
- NPG Records
- NPG Records
- Cover Art
- Steven Parke
- 29 April 2001
- Running Time
- US Chart Peak
- UK Chart Peak
- No Release
- Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic (5:13)
- Undisputed [The Moneyapolis Mix] (5:45)
- The Greatest Romance Ever Sold [Extended] (8:07) 1
- Hot Wit U [Nasty Girl Remix] (4:22)
- Tangerine [Extended] (2:13)
- So Far, So Pleased [feat. Gwen Stefani] (3:23) 2
- The Sun, The Moon, And Stars (5:15) 2
- Man O' War [Remix] (5:12)
- Baby Knows [Extended] [feat. Sheryl Crow] (3:18)
- Eye Love You, But Eye Don't Trust U Any More [feat. Ani Difranco] (3:33) 2
- Beautiful Strange (4:55)
- Silly Game (3:29) 2
- Wherever U Go, Whatever U Do (3:15) 2
- Prettyman [Extended] (5:35)
1 Rap written by Eve.
2 Unchanged from Arista's Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic version.
Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic produced no singles.
Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic – review
The remix album to Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic is, for all intents and purposes, Prince’s preferred configuration for the commercial album, since this version is superior, as would have been its prospects. Some tracks are axed and the survivors tweaked in this improvement to Rave Un2. It came as a surprise to fans that the existence of Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic was, announced by all people by Prince’s lawyer (L. Londell McMillan) and, sadly a limited release available only to fan club subscribers. The tracklist boasted also the fans’ pick a new insertion Beautiful Strange. Songs that are improved on Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic are The Greatest Romance Ever Sold, Hot Wit U, Man O’ War and Prettyman. This album is cherished by those who own it and explains why it is so hard to obtain by those who seek it.
Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic is reviewed by Goldies Parade.
© Goldies Parade, 1998–2018